Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy 2009!

So, nine is my favorite number so i predict that this will be one of my favorite years. However, the financial aid office is sort of raining on my glorious-year parade. I don't know why it has to be so difficult but once again I am spending my only long break from school completely broke. Adam and I were going to take a road trip or a train trip out to west Texas but unfortunately that had to be put on hold. We were going to hit up Alpine, Tx where one of my friends from high school renovated an old storefront and opened a store with her husband. From all the pictures I've seen, it's absolutely fantastic! They have artwork (she's a famous painter- well, I think she's famous) and bike rentals and raspas (snowcone-like)! It's called Murphy Street Raspa Co. and it's gonna be the next big thing- just you wait. Check it out at www.raspaland.com.

Anyways, I'm sad that I am not going to be able to properly utilize this break from school to get away, but really I need to spend some time getting my apartment more organized before the semester starts up again. Also, having no spending money will help me in my new year resolution to keep to a tight budget and try to minimize my possessions. I have entirely too much 'stuff' and the clutter needs to go. My mom used to say that my bedroom was a physical representation of my moods- and when it was really messy she started to worry. I am starting to see some truth in that- and certainly recognize that times when I have allowed myself to sink into a depression, everything around me sort of falls apart.

So I am taking action. I am setting my alarm every morning of my vacation and checking things off of my To Do list. Some days are more productive than others, but at least I am not sleeping my vacation away! (nor am I just vegging out on the couch) Tomorrow I am going to Yoga Yoga with my friend Natasha. She has been working there doing light cleaning so she can get free classes. She said if I like it tomorrow, I could possibly do a work-trade deal with them, too. Alrighty, well I am neglecting my delicious Hobbineezer Holiday Ale, so I am signing off. Happy New Year to all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, well today is the 9th so hopefully it gets better today! love you muchly and see now i am reading it =)