Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"I'll ride past your house... on my bike."

(10 bucks if you know what movie that's from)

So 2009 is shaping up after all. (even if i still have no money) I have been doing many good productive things to fill my time. Today my friend Natasha and I decided to do a little test ride down to school. She met me at my apartment and we rode down North Loop to Duval, and then took that all the way down to campus. It was a really pleasant ride, and it only took about 25 min to get there! (which, btw, is about twenty minutes less than my bus ride) So we plan on riding to school both Wednesday and Thursday, and probably riding to our Clinical site together on Tuesdays! I'm really excited to have a riding partner- someone who will really help motivate me to not be lazy. Natasha and I are both trying to restore balance to our lives- and trying to keep that going into the semester. I'm really excited that our schedules line up so we can do this together!

Today we rode past school, and on down to Austin Java on 2nd St for lunch. We met up with her old neighbor who is in the Austin Ballet Company (which is right around the corner from there). It was a great, nutritious lunch and the ride back was really nice. It seemed to warm up a little bit, or at least the wind settled down so we didn't notice it as much. We definitely got some stares as we walked into the restaurant with helmets on and me in my full cycling get-up. But I didn't mind- they were just jealous that they didn't work out before eating a decadent meal!

No comments: