Saturday, January 24, 2009

My New Sanctuary

It has been a very long week. We started class on Wednesday, and i have been putting myself through either physical, intellectual or emotional demands every day since then. Since I bought my new bed last July, I never did purchase a matching comforter/sheet set for the queen size (i used to have a full size). I have been using mixed (and not matched) sheet sets that Adam had lying around as well as a couple of random blankets. I have decided that with all the effort I am putting into making my room a more hospitable place, I would reward myself with a nice fluffy matching linen set. And boy, did I! My friend Natasha and I made the epic journey to Ikea this afternoon. I did a reasonably good job of sticking to my list, and on that list was a new comforter, duvet cover and fun contrasting color sheets.




It was tricky getting the color to show up right in these photos. The big fluffy duvet cover (feelin' pretty fancy with a duvet!) is a deep royal purple with a sateen finish. The sheets and contrast pillows are a fun turquoise and also with a satiny sheen. In this turmoil of a semester (more on all that later), I find that the most important thing for me is to have a place of serenity to get away from all the stresses of my life. Hopefully my new (and very comfy) bed will be all that and more!

No comments: