Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday is finally living up to its name!

Today is a beautiful day here in Austin. I am on the patio at Mozart's overlooking the lake. There is literally not a cloud in the sky, perfectly sunny with just a touch of a chill in the air. Absolutely perfect February weather if you ask me! I am waiting for my debate group to arrive, so I thought i would share a little about my wonderful day so far.

Yesterday was the dreaded Valentine's day (as most of you know, Adam and I broke up not too long ago- so not exactly an exciting day for me...), but I was able to salvage the holiday and spend some quality girlie time with my friend Natasha. Mostly we did homework, but we did enjoy a cheesy matinee and a delicious whole foods dinner.

This morning I got up early and met my friend Amy halfway between our respective houses to ride together to church. Today is the Austin City Marathon, so some of the streets were sectioned off, so I'm glad I was on my bike. The service was pretty good, and i fortuitously had my knitting with me, which I absolutely love to do during church. (i swear i'm still listening!) There was a funny political songwriter visiting from San Francisco, so that was fun. Mostly, however, I am happy to report that I actually talked to people today! For the last few months, I have been going to church and not speaking to a soul, except for a casual hello. I had been kind of disappointed, because I really enjoyed being a part of the Young Adult group at my church in San Antonio, and was hoping to find something similar here. A few women from the Young Adult group came up to Amy and I and initiated a nice conversation about when the YA group meets, and what it's like. The people I talked to all seemed really interesting, and I'm looking forward to meeting up with them on Thursday night. (they start at the same time my class gets out, but as good UUs, they said that being late wouldn't be a problem at all!)

All in all it was nice to get out on my bike and go to church. I don't get to see Amy all that often, so we decided we'll have to make this a regular church date! (maybe one of these days we can get Bryan to join us (he's her fiance and my oldtime best friend).

No comments: