Saturday, February 28, 2009

Procrastination at Its Finest

This thursday (which i keep telling myself is still a long ways away), I have a monstrous Case Study due for my adult health class. We have to pick one of the patients we have worked with and write out a ginormous paper including published standards of care, genetic implications for the diagnosis, potential and actual problems, a concept map and a whole slew of other things. They suggested we use our patient from our first clinical day because we had the luxury of going the day before to gather all pertinent information. However, my professor subtly mentioned that i might want to switch my patient to the one i cared for this last week because he was much more interesting. While this is all true, I now have to take an extra trip to the hospital to pour over medical records. It's really not that bad, I just want this paper to be over with already. Originally I had both this paper and a first draft of our concept analysis paper due on the same day (both of which are expected to be over 10 pages). However, our Conceptual Foundations professor, being a saint here on earth, gave us an extra week for the 1st draft. While I am very grateful to have the extra time, that is what I would prefer to be working on. I'm geekily enjoying the research for that class, and my paper is on spirituality in terminally ill cancer patients.

My original plan for the day was to go to breakfast with Natasha around 9:30 and then go to a coffee shop and just hammer this paper out. Instead, I waited for Natasha and she ended up not getting up like she planned, so I was on my own for breakfast. Which actualy was kind of nice. I had a book and a dvd to pick up at the library which is on the way to the Omelettry so I walked down there and then went on to breakfast. I was treated to a sunny booth in the back of the restaurant. I read my book and enjoyed a steady stream of coffee while waiting for my gingerbread and banana pancakes. They were so incredibly good- totally worth every single last calorie. Anyways, on the way home, I stopped at this neat little store down the road that I've been wanting to go into ever since I moved here. I bought a throw blanket that perfectly complements my bedspread and sheets for the cats to lay on (hopefully that will keep the cat hair from accumulating on my lovely duvet cover)- the blanket is really soft and it was just three dollars! It was a really windy day, so I fought gusts of wind and dust the whole way home.

Here is a picture that Adam took this summer of my favorite breakfast place. (at least my favorite within walking distance)

No comments: