Sunday, November 9, 2008

not on a cruise

I just got back into town from San Antonio where Adam and i spent the weekend. Well, actually we spent Friday night in Austin drinking from a cube of wine while he finished up his packing for the cruise. I was doing a really good job of not being too jealous that he and his whole family were leaving for a fantastic voyage around the Caribbean and Mexico. Notice that statement is in past tense- because the more i saw them all get ready and comparing their leisure reading, i got really bummed that my reading this next week is all going to be scholastic articles on the ethical dilemma of using chemical and physical restraints in the mental health treatment arenas. not nearly as fun. We made two airport runs to pick up both of Adam's brothers (and his older brother's wife and beautiful daughter). We went out for a great dinner, and then just went back to his parent's house while everyone finished some last minute packing. I really had a wonderful time just being with their family; mostly everyone's attention revolved around Georgie and just watching her big blue eyes take everything in (ceiling fans are very cool). So they're cruising somewhere in the gulf of Mexico now, and I'll get to see them all again next Sunday.

But, I'll get my nice long vacation in December and January- although i think I'm going to try to get a job for most of January. Even though it's weird to be in such a quiet apartment (with only one cat), i think it will be good for me to have a little "me" time. Although most of that 'me time' is going to be revolved around a ten page paper, it will be nice to just have some quiet time alone.

No comments: