Saturday, November 15, 2008

Goodbye, my dear Sam.


I just got a call from my friend Bethany in San Antonio. She gently told me that our friend Sam passed away today. After a few minutes i was in tears. He was only 24, but had suffered from spina bifida and various other complications his whole life. But damn, if he wasn't the sweetest guy with a fantastic smile. Last spring he gave a sermon at church about Gratitude. He had been close to death many times before, and he really wanted to tell the world how grateful he was and remind us to all do the same. I am grateful that I went to church last weekend and got to see his bright shining eyes and big smile. He told me he was having surgery on Wednesday for yet another infection from the rod in his back. Apparently after surgery he slipped into a coma. Bethany said the rest of his family was able to fly out, but he passed on this morning. I will always remember him, and forever be grateful for having him in my life. My heart goes out to his mom, Karen, who lived for Sam- and kept his life full of fun and adventure.
Blessed Be.
Namaste.
Be in Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful picture of you and Sam. Send me the link to his sermon on Gratitude.
Mum