Saturday, October 4, 2008

My new work area!!

Yay Ikea! I finally have a study area set up in my bedroom. I don't know why it took so long, but i have a wonderful little area now that i can escape to (and letting Adam watch tv or listen to music occasionally). Furthermore, it means that my ten billion textbooks aren't just scattered around the living room all willy nilly. sorry, but i've always wanted to use the expression willy nilly, and it finally seems appropriate.

As you see here, (besides the fact that, yes, i do need to vacuum) i've got a big giant bookcase which can be accessed from both sides. So on the other side is my bed, and i have my alarm clock and some nighttime reading and knitting supplies facing that side, and all my books and study supplies facing towards the desk.

Sadly, i did have to move Max's window perch/scratch tower because it didn't fit. But not to fear, i moved it to Adam's window area and plan on getting one of those small little window shelfs for cats so Max (or Nigel) can hang out while i'm working.

This past week was still very hectic, as all weeks are in grad school apparently. However, i got A's on both of my exams that we had on wednesday (and i might add, only an hour appart). I know i need to work on getting too much satisfaction and/or personal worth from my grades, but i'm really excited about doing well. I had been struggling in the begining of the year, and i was worried i might
actually make (gasp) a B. That will not, hopefully, be the case. Especially now that i'm super productive Katie with her super studious space!

ps. please ignore the unmade bed on the left (the maid hasn't come in yet this week) lol.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: