Saturday, September 27, 2008

this wall matches my stethoscope

okay, well right now i'm just procrastinating. i just flipped through my book and counted 100 more pages that i need to read today. Yes it is saturday, in a city where half the population is drinking and watching college football or drinking and smoking enjoying Austin City Limits. I am drinking coffee- chai, actually, with two much needed shots of espresso. I'm trying out a new coffee shop near my house, and it's wonderful. Thunderbird Coffee right on the corner of woodrow and 2222- lots of big windows and knowledgeable, friendly barristas (is still barristas if they're male?) anyways, I've got a little corner here with a good hard chair (better to stay focused) and lots of natural light. Oh, and i just looked over and noticed these great comfy chairs in the middle with bongo drum-looking foot stools. awesome. anyways, i'm here trying to get a jump on the week. and now that i look into it, i should have started much earlier in the day.

i had a minor meltdown on both thursday and friday this week. i'm starting to feel like i need to schedule my breakdowns on my calendar so that i can better anticipate them and plan accordingly. The funny thing is that i actually did well on my patho test this week (95!) and yet i'm still a blubbering mess when documents crash or can't be opened on different computers. Definitely something to work on... Okay, well i'm going to get back to reading about ageism and the myths of aging.

oh, i nearly forgot- I finally got my stethoscope in the mail today! It is much nicer than the cheapo one i had borrowed from the learning center (and i was easily able to take Adam's blood pressure- so much better!). I also just noticed that the wall of this coffee shop matches my lovely plum master cardiology III, thank you very much. Anyways, i really am going back to work now. I hope all you people out there enjoying your weekend truly appreciate it. man, i wish i could be at ACL.

No comments: