Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Help! I Have Akathisia!!

So my first final is tomorrow at 8am and i'm so frickin wired, it's not even funny. i knew i shouldn't have had that double americano at 5pm... i know it was dumb- but i didn't even drink half of it! Seriously though- my hands are all shaky and i can't hardly sit still. i'm going to jump out of my skin. Uh oh, maybe adam put me on a typical (conventional) antipsychotic like Chlorpromazine, Thioridazine, Fluphenazine, Thiothixene or, my favorite, haloperidol. and now i'm having an extrapyramidal symptom (EPS) - namely Akathisia, characterized by rocking, pacing or the inability to stand or sit still. Why, Adam, why?? okay, so i'm officially entered the pre-finals psychosis... where are those antipsychotics when you need them?

No comments: