Thursday, August 14, 2008

46 pages, 24 hours and hopefully one A paper (or at least a B+ please)

OMG. i don't usually use all the acronyms that have become so common in this age of text messages, but this situation deserves and OMG. I just woke up (yes, it is 1:40 pm) after staying up all night working on my Nursing Process Paper. This monstrosity was 46 pages after everything, and i still can't believe i stayed up for 24 hours. (yesterday was our last day of clinicals, so i got up at 4:45am) In fact, i was still defining some Med Dx with their pathophysiology when my morning alarm went off, mocking me. (that's Medical Diagnosis if you can't read medical chicken scratch) The other, very frustrating thing, is that other clinical groups didn't have near the expectations from their professor. One guy told me that their teacher told them to not bother spending all that much time on it, because they don't know enough at this point to write it all out. He said his was 12 pages. TWELVE! i was pissed when i heard that. I just keep telling myself that we will be better prepared for the fall when things get really sticky. So my right wrist just started tingling while i was typing, so i think i'm going to cut this entry short and give my poor carpal tunnel syndrome a rest. My concept map, though was freaking awesome.
check it out: okay ... well actually i can't figure out how to insert the diagram... so we may have to check with my personal computer helpdesk (aka my boyfriend Adam) later today. woo hoo i am done for the summer!!!!! now we got a whopping ten days off until we start school again! word on the streets is that the fall semester of this program is the hardest, so it's going to be an exhausting four months! i'm going to go get some breakfast. (i don't care that it's almost two, i want my muesli (thanks adam))

No comments: